Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Time: Monday January 17, 2011 at Noon ET
AGENDA for Mon Jan 17 Noon jQuery Meeting
Duration is 1 hour, so please keep comments brief and to the point to facilitate discussion on all topics
jQuery 1.5 Beta 1 Done
- Bugs Team: Need to make sure that recent bugs are tracked and turned into blockers.
Status of jQuery 1.5 RC
Ajax Rewrite Status
Julian working on docs with Karl
Should be feature complete now
Julian doesn’t see any new major issues
Got a review by Snover
- Some code needs to be moved around a bit, Julian looking in to.
Implemented $.when() joined statements
Added some unit tests and added some fixes for the promise method
Julian considers them to be done
Dave is working on docs
- Docs/tutorial are important for people to be able to test from
- If possible to get something together pre-release so we have time for more people to test that would be great.
Evaluate if we should expose a ready promise for 1.6
Selector parsing bugs (john) (done)
.data() and internal data – Data collision patch conceptual review (snover) (done)
CSP (john) (done)
- John: Definitely going to land this week
UglifyJS patch review (snover) (done)
- Status: Land pull request, but add docs for Windows build instructions
Needs test case or bug filed against Chrome (wycats):
- Looks like an unneeded fix for a Chrome dev version
- We need to file a bug with the Chrome team (done) and update commit message to be clearer as to what happened
- Timeline for official plugin B2s (tmpl, datalink, global). End of Jan reasonable? Impacts UI Grid timeline.
- Joern moved functions from $.* to $.global.*
- Proposal to create globalization interface methods (such as $.format and $.parseFloat, $.parseDate) at $.* and leave jquery-global implementations in $.global.*. This would allow for alternate implementations while still providing a standard interface for plugin developers to target/use. Including jquery.global.js would import implementation and alias/proxy $.* to $.global.*. For this to be effective, the $.* methods dummy/interface methods would need to be added to jQuery core so all plugin authors could make use of them.