Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Time: Noon ET
- 1.6pre!!! http://bit.ly/hBxZyG
- beta release of 1.6 on April 15th
Last chance to get some bugs fixed for 1.6beta ( old open tickets )
- .chain has been renamed to .pipe to link deferreds
Done and merged into master
2 (danheberden, jaubourg): Have .animate() implement a deferred object
- bulk of implementation committed.
- STILL PENDING waiting on commits for un-queued animations
5 (jaubourg): Do support tests in an iframe document (or maybe use false body element)
13 (john): Add :focus to Sizzle
14 (rwaldron): Allow properties to be passed in to \$.Event() constructor
15 (dmethvin): Perf improvements for .data() events — in general, we won’t fire data events if nobody attached a handler (detected by jQuery.event.global count).
Need a review … I would prefer to “blacklist” natural events (click, mouseover, etc) so customs would all be faster, but it’s a long list: https://github.com/dmethvin/jquery/tree/fix-8790-quick-trigger
- John: Can you do a pull request for this so that the diff is easier to see?
Someone that uses dataEvents:
16 (danheberden): Optimize validation in parseJSON
17 (rwaldron): Fix event firing order Turns out this is a branch of #7340, which is Dave Methvin’s
21 (dmethvin): Refactor jQuery.event.trigger/handle — Branch is passing unit tests; landed 4/6.
22 (dmethvin): Issue with triggering of focusin – may be fixed by pull 260, need to check with Joern who reported a problem i couldn’t repro Fixed in 1.5.2
23 (timmywil): Allow .is(), .find(), and .closest() to accept nodes
31 (jaubourg): Synchronize animations based upon start time (Thunderdome!)
34 (timmywil, john): attrHooks
- note this is going into the attrhooks.1.6 branch
http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/3685 DOM0, Prehistoric document.forms API issue
36 (lrbabe, timmywill): Use requestAnimationFrame *Special attention to optimizing size
38 (danheberden): \$.map() working on objects
39 (rwaldron): .undelegate() doesn’t work on custom namespaced events
42 (timmywil): .closest() fails on disconnected nodes
46 (john): jQuery throwing error on replaceWith
52 (gf3, cowboy): Add Function.prototype.bind() support to jQuery.proxy
51 (danheberden): Support relative values for .css()
- https://github.com/jquery/jquery/pull/78 original
- We wanted to see this patch DRY’ed out a bit, but we discussed in meeting and determined that it would probably introduce overhead to share this code between modules, and it’s not that much repeated code. consensus was in favour of landing as-is. Dan is going to clean up the code a bit more.
valHooks (the more modest version)?
- John: Looks good to me!
Bumped to 1.6.x / 1.7
- 10 (dmethvin): Optimize RegExp used for innerHTML shortcut (#6782, pull 248)
20 (dmethvin): Attach data cache directly to element — In process, need to create separate list for global events.
- Eventually (1.7?) we will only support firing ajax* events on document and remove global events entirely.
45 (jboesch, reviewed by john): Make .width() work correctly for inputs
- John reviewed: Needs formatting fixes and possibly a code fix
also fixes http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/3333 ?
Check it out: http://twitter.com/jqcommit