April 16, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: DaveMethvin, sindresorhus, mikesherov, ajpiano, gnarf, gibson042, fleeting appearance by timmywil
Time: Noon ET
rwaldron has commit privs on github.com/jquery
- Hide yo kids
- Hide yo wife
- Meeting on Wednesday noon?
gnarf’s opus on animations
- gibson042 kicked lotsa bytes out
- Need performance and memory leak sanity check
- Land this week? Still ~+200
Refactor to allow leaving animation/ajax/(others?) out
- Yehuda eliminated an ajax dependency in unit tests
- More work to do there
Land the grunt pull?
- mikesherov and DaveMethvin to figure out Windows issues
Chad Killingsworth’s CCAO changes
needs TLC on its build stuff for grunt
Proposed plan of action:
- Leave on a branch for 1.8
- Get unit tests and basic examples working
- Call for community input and help
- Further 1.9 integration contingent on that
What else needs to land?
- timmywil to get Sizzle changes
- Can we just always ignore state of iframes?
- can’t use window.load since it fires once
- perhaps flip the default state to allow for faster loading?