July 30, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: DaveMethvin, timmywil, mikesherov, jaubourg, scott_gonzalez, rwaldron, gnarf
Time: Noon ET
Unit tests PASSING!
- Occasional flakiness in timing-related tests
- I’m tweaking the timers as they occur to reduce the odds
Patches landed — do we need an RC2?
Final release date?
- I’m traveling all this week but could do a release
- Otherwise, August 7?
Leave it quoted for 1.8, warn that it’s coming out after that
“it was put in to prevent YUI compressor from breaking”
https://github.com/jquery/sizzle/pull/139(fixes to pseudo argument cases)
- timmywil is -1
- Need perf tests to see effects on relatively common cases
Scott has UI 1.8.22 out, compatible with core 1.8
Mobile bitten by removal of \$.attrFn! (undocumented interface)
Avoid private arguments to our public APIs
- complicates duck punching