jQuery Content Team Meeting – Jun 03 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 248 (+0)
  • Attending: Arthur, Alex, Anne, Aurelio, Karl

link Content:

  • New Team Member: Aurelio De Rosa!
  • Netawards nominations, please vote:
  • Should we get the post to help tweeted by jQuery twitter account?
    • Anne to ask Kris
  • Should we update code examples on the sites to use the latest jQuery JavaScript style guide?
    • Yes, we should
  • Arthur will work on developing a tool to automate the formatting
  • Content:
    • New Foundation Pages:
      • Kris pushed his branch

jQuery Content Team Meeting – May 06 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 248 (+2)
  • Attending: Arthur, Alex, Anne, Aurelio

link Content:

  • Should we agree priorities? (e.g. Issues vs PRs?)
    • Agreed to address PRs from new contributors quickly (ideally 1-2 weeks)
  • Arthur will be working through v3 tickets this week
  • Arthur needs help checking https://github.com/jquery/api.jquery.com/pull/669
    • We need help from someone with a Windows setup
      • Alex will test when he gets a chance
  • Need a solution for contributors that use only the github web interface and have their username as name (i.e. the CLA will not match as we need a valid name and the name is not the username).
    • Maybe improve the documentation on contribute as well
  • Actions from last meeting:

jQuery Content Team Meeting – Apr 22 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 246 (-10 in 4 weeks)
  • Attending: Arthur, Alex, Sarah, Anne, Scott, Aurelio

link Spider:

link CLA:

  • Legal advises that if someone signs the CLA with their full name (first middle lastname) and their gitconfig is first lastname, we ask them to sign again. It was recommended also that as a result the CLA checker should check against an array of matches instead of first match.

link Content:

jQuery Content Team Meeting – Mar 25 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 256 (+11 in 2 weeks)
  • Attending: Arthur, Alex, Sarah, Anne, Scott, Aurelio

link GSOC:

  • Currently no proposal for issue tracking
  • 3 proposals for Interactive tutorials with others possibly being prepared.
    • After discussion with various team members and Kris, it was decided that the additional infrastructure for the initially proposed project (backend using node and a mySQL database) could be a risk for the long-term maintenance. Instead, we can improve the current jQuery Learning Center (learn.jquery.com) by adding small entries for users to test their understanding, for which http://koans.herokuapp.com/en seems to be a good solution, so for example, where we have http://learn.jquery.com/jquery-ui/getting-started/#jquery-ui-basics-using-options we could add something like http://jsbin.com/gofirumecu/1/edit?html,js,output (we could only present the user with a small data entry to get the code required, and give them some feedback on the correctness using qunit)
    • All students working on their proposal have been informed.
    • Discussion: we’ll investigate also another system (proposed by Arthur and Alex) that requires no infrastructure. Just sample code and unit test using QUnit. Alex will write something up to explain this to the current students preparing a proposal

link Actions from last meeting:

  • check past messages and see if any contain private info, then, make mailing public
    • Not done - ongoing
  • Anne to update matrix with details (mail sent/consent received)
    • ongoing
  • Aurelio to see how we can get more help from the community
    • Blog Post ready. We can publish!

link Genesis script:

  • Not had a chance to discuss further.

link Spider:

jQuery Content Team Meeting – Mar 11 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 245 (-7 in 2 weeks)
  • Attending: Arthur, Alex, Sarah, Anne, Scott, Aurelio, Karl

link Genesis script

  • will clone build and deploy all websites, update all the sites at once and clone and deploy all the sites at once if you don’t have them
  • https://github.com/jquery/jquery-wp-content/pull/346
    • discussion:
      • Not frequent use, but could be useful
      • raised concerns: risk of losing uncommitted work in master
    • decision: next meeting to decide and continue the discussion on the PR on GH

link Site Spider

link Trello

  • Only used for task management. Should we remove from readme and keep to team only?
    • Agreed to remove from readme. Doesn’t add value to contributors

link Actions from last meeting:

  • check past messages and see if any contain private info, then, make mailing public
    • Not done - ongoing
  • Anne to update matrix with details (mail sent/consent received)
    • ongoing
  • Aurelio to see how we can get more help from the community
    • blog post
    • Looks good!
      • Last few comments were addressed and Karl did a final check
      • aim to publish Monday 12ET and tweet again tuesday 10GMT
      • Scott will add Aurelio as Author.
        • Done

jQuery Content Team Meeting – Feb 25 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 252 (-1 in 2 weeks)
  • Attending: Arthur, Sarah, Alex, Anne

link Site Spider:

  • Alex been working on it for a while. The idea is to have it on all content repo, and add it on a grunt task. It checks for errors and deadlinks, missing resources, etc. Currently reporting a lot of errors and Alex needs help from us to fix those. Alex will be trying to add the task to the repos over the next week or 2.

link Learn Site

  • Email from Justin Crawford https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/jquery-content-team/MaXPstGj1os

    • Awesome!
    • Can we think of a response?
    • Jörn asked why the mailing list wasn’t public. There is no reason for the jquery-content-team not to be public...
    • action: check past messages and see if any contain private info, then, make mailing public
  • Analysis of the articles, and develop a matrix of articles/library version:

  • Actions from last meeting:
    • Anne to speak with the Legal team to identify what document we need to receive consent from Authors to have their content on the Learn site.
      • Email is ok. Anne started sending emails. Will need to pdf responses and save to Foundation Dropbox.
      • Anne to update matrix with details (mail sent/consent received)
    • Scott to work on automating the CLA check, which will manage the label in place. Action completed.
      • Action Completed
    • Make doc public for comments
      • Action Completed
  • Actions from last meeting:
    • Scott to work on automating the CLA check, which will manage the label
      • in place. minor issues
      • currently for api.jquery.com jquery jquery-license jquery-mobile jquery-ui learn.jquery.com
    • Aurelio to see how we can get more help from the community
      • Draft Post
      • Looks good! A few comments need addressing and a final review from Karl would be great.
    • Dan to investigate whether BV could donate rating services
      • Outcome: yes, if we want it we can have it. A little more red-tape to work through on the BV end.
      • Action ongoing

link All Content Sites:

link Repos at healthy cadence:

  • We aim to have less than 5 issues or be closing more issues than we open on all content-related repos
    • We continue to make good progress. Big thanks to everyone!

jQuery Content Team Meeting – Feb 11 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 253 (-4 in 2 weeks)
  • Attending: Arthur, Aurelio, Sarah, Alex, Anne, Karl, Corey

link Learn Site

  • Analysis of the articles, and develop a matrix of articles/library version:
    • Matrix created
    • ongoing
    • Identified articles from external source.
      • Action: Anne to speak with the Legal team to identify what document we need to receive consent from Authors to have their content on the Learn site.
    • Actions from last meeting:
      • Open an issue on the learn repo
      • Make doc public for comments
        • Action Completed
  • Actions from last meeting:
    • Scott to work on automating the CLA check, which will manage the label
      • in place. minor issues
      • currently for api.jquery.com jquery jquery-license jquery-mobile jquery-ui learn.jquery.com
    • Aurelio to see how we can get more help from the community
      • Draft Post
      • Action: everyone to review and add comments/edits
      • ongoing
    • Dan to investigate whether BV could donate rating services
      • Outcome: yes, if we want it we can have it. A little more red-tape to work through on the BV end.
      • Action ongoing

link All Content Sites:

link Repos at healthy cadence:

  • We aim to have less than 5 issues or be closing more issues than we open on all content-related repos
    • We continue to make good progress. Big thanks to everyone!

jQuery Content Team Meeting – Jan 28 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 257 (-21 in 2 weeks)
  • Attending: Sarah, Dan, Aurelio, Karl, Alex Sch., Arthur, Anne, Ralph

link Content Team Lead

  • Proposal for Anne to lead the Content Team
    • Approved, effective immediately.

link Learn Site

  • Agreed: where possible (or where this makes sense), in addition to code snippets, we should have the full example in a jsbin to enable users to manipulate the code and enable us to easily update it. Determine the Future of the learn site
    • Alex speaking with Remy Sharp to incorporate jsbin demos that we can update easily and also have custom subdomains e.g. jquery-learn.jsbin.com
    • we can customize the look and also make the editor use our style guide
  • Agreed: Create a list of articles/tutorials/video that would be nice to have
  • Analysis of the articles, and develop a matrix of articles/library version:
    • Matrix created
    • ongoing
    • Actions:
      • Open an issue on the learn repo
      • Make doc public for comments
  • Actions from last meeting:
    • Scott to work on automating the CLA check, which will manage the label
      • ongoing
      • Scott to liaise with Corey to sync with infra side
    • Aurelio to see how we can get more help from the community
      • Draft Post
      • Action: everyone to review and add comments/edits
      • We should say jQuery Foundation
      • Idea from Ralph: use that as a script to an awesome commercial size video and then blog, tweet, smoke signal it out (Ralph may be able to help)
    • Dan to investigate whether BV could donate rating services
      • Outcome: yes, if we want it we can have it. A little more red-tape to work through on the BV end.

link Repos at healthy cadence:

  • We aim to have less than 5 issues or be closing more issues than we open on all content-related repos
  • Produce biweekly reports at Content meeting and report at following EC meeting

link GSoC:

  • Content Team proposing two projects:
    • Interactive tutorials for learn and other sites
    • Issue Tracking system ticket

jQuery Content Team Meeting – Jan 14 2015

  • Ticket Triage (Issues + PR):
    • 278 (-55 in 2 weeks, -76 in 4 weeks)
  • Attending: Arthur, Anne, Corey, Ralph, Aurelio, Karl, Scott, Alex, Dan, Brian (brianarn)

link Learn Site

  • Determine the Future of the learn site
    • Foundation issue 347
    • Discussion document
    • We want to ease the process of landing PRs
      • Scott to work on automating the CLA check, which will manage the labels
      • Agreed to relax commit message style guides for content site repos (.com/.net/.org repos) if necessary to ease maintain/land content, but not api sites
    • See how we can get more help from the community
      • Aurelio to draft blog post
    • Agreed: carry out an analysis of the articles, and develop a matrix of articles/library version
      • Tracking Document.
      • Thinking about adding rating to learn content e.g. did you find this article useful 1-5? but would also need to know the reader's expertise, so 1–5 my expertise on this subject and 1–5 article's usefuleness
      • Dan to see if Bazaarvoice could donate rating service
    • Agreed: The learn site should contain THREE types of learning documents to match the users learning styles: articles, tutorials and videos
      • distinction between article and tutorial: a tutorial walks you through some process step by step and an article just explains a concept or set of APIs
      • A long-term plan/wish is to have interactive tutorials as part of the learn site. (Propose as a GSOC project?)
    • Proposed: in addition to code snippets, we should have the full example in a jsbin to enable users to manipulate the code and enable us to easily update it.
      • Discussion deferred to next meeting
    • Proposed: We should add the type(s) to the document and enable users to search by topic/keywords and/or type
      • Discussion deferred to next meeting

link Repos at healthy cadence

  • We aim to have less than 5 issues or be closing more issues than we open on all content-related repos