March 11, 2013
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: DaveMethvin, timmywil, mikesherov, rwaldron, orkel
Time: Noon ET
jQuery 2.0 Final
Ship for jQuery Uk (April 19)?
Stuff to be ironed out
Use in node.js
Hard to move quickly on this, we’ve given zero notice
Need to publicize changes (next bullet) and do a blog post
- Dave to do blog post ASAP
Ship a month or two after 2.0? — mid-June would be Portland
(Add these to Migrate Plugin and document NOW for 2.0/1.10 release)
No script execute by default, must use \$.parseHTML
- Groundwork for XSS reduction, but not a complete fix atm
- This would make the no-leading-space restriction unnecessary?
domManip and empty text nodes
\$.ajax hook point for domManip
change Event.isTrigger from boolean to bitmask
allow multiple args for .replaceWith
jQuery 1.9.2 — Do we need one? (Doesn’t seem so, none scheduled)
Tuesday March 12 8pm Eastern time #jquery-dev
Can we get the team together virtually to knock down the docs issues?
Document treatment of various node types ‘n stuff wrapped by jQuery
- What can be put in a set?
- What methods work with it?
- New home page to improve people’s reporting — on Dave’s plate
- e.g., docs issues go to api.jquery.com
Open tickets triage