Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Time: Noon ET
Q&A – jswartwood & dataEvents ( someone is actually using them )
Bug Triage Sprint was a big success, cleared out unreviewed tickets
- Focus now is on clearing out old open tickets
Should we re-consider:
valHooks (the more modest version)?
- .always seems like a wise idea to land
When do we we move features into master for alpha testing/release?
jQuery 1.6 Status ( beta release of 1.6 on April 15th )
2 (danheberden, jaubourg): Have .animate() implement a deferred object
- works for queued animations, not for un-queued.
5 (jaubourg): Do support tests in an iframe document (or maybe use false body element)
10 (dmethvin): Optimize RegExp used for innerHTML shortcut (#6782, pull 248) — This wants to add <select> to the list; need to see if selectedIndex still retained when we do that.
13 (john): Add :focus to Sizzle
14 (rwaldron): Allow properties to be passed in to $.Event() constructor
15 (dmethvin): Perf improvements for .data() events — in general, we won’t fire data events if nobody attached a handler (detected by jQuery.event.global count).
16 (danheberden): Optimize validation in parseJSON
17 (rwaldron): Fix event firing order Turns out this is a branch of #7340, which is Dave Methvin’s
20 (dmethvin): Attach data cache directly to element — In process, need to create separate list for global events. Eventually (1.7?) we will only support firing ajax* events on document and remove global events entirely.
21 (dmethvin): Refactor jQuery.event.trigger/handle — Branch is passing unit tests; landed 4/6.
22 (dmethvin): Issue with triggering of focusin – may be fixed by pull 260, need to check with Joern who reported a problem i couldn’t repro Fixed in 1.5.2
23 (timmywil): Allow .is(), .find(), and .closest() to accept nodes
31 (jaubourg): Synchronize animations based upon start time (Thunderdome!)
34 (john): attrHooks
- http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/3685 DOM0, Prehistoric document.forms API issue
36 (lrbabe, timmywill): Use requestAnimationFrame *Special attention to optimizing size
38 (danheberden): $.map() working on objects
- seems pretty close to ready according to dan
39 (rwaldron): .undelegate() doesn’t work on custom namespaced events
42 (timmywil): .closest() fails on disconnected nodes
45 (john): Make .width() work correctly for inputs
46 (john): jQuery throwing error on replaceWith
51 (danheberden): Support relative values for .css()
- https://github.com/jquery/jquery/pull/78 original
- We wanted to see this patch DRY’ed out a bit, but we discussed in meeting and determined that it would probably introduce overhead to share this code between modules, and it’s not that much repeated code. consensus was in favour of landing as-is. Dan is going to clean up the code a bit more.
- 52 (gf3, cowboy): Add Function.prototype.bind()12
support to jQuery.proxy
- 52 (gf3, cowboy): Add Function.prototype.bind()