****June 4, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode & Chat on Google Docs
Attending: DaveMethvin, gnarf, rwaldron, gibson042, rworth, danheberden
Time: Noon ET
(IRC issues during the meeting; #jquery-meeting did not log everything)
Getting help for infra and new docs sites?
Schedule for 1.8 release
- beta before the conf
- bug triage meeting – Wednesday noon?
Unit test failures
- effects in IE? gnarf can’t look right now – can someone else -mikesherov
strip_iife branch ready to land – if we want to
- line numbers in errors are for the built code – not the src/files.js
- We seem to think that the benefits outway the debugging/development minor hassle
- source maps?
- LAND IT!
JHP for serving – land it?
- Need to coordinate with testswarm – Krinkle?
- Can’t land until jenkins issues are resolved
Need update to README to reflect current build process
- There is a “draft” of these instructions in the strip_iife branch
- LAND IT!
Closure Compiler Advanced Optimizations (CCAO)
- Talk with Chad Killingsworth
- He will rebase against 1.8 later this month
- We will land most of the CCAO unit test changes
- timmywil, did CCAO changes land in Sizzle?
Landed gibson042′s modularity for effects
- css and dimensions – mikesherov
Compat repo for deprecated/removed stuff? – dave
- Separate plugins including compressed versions
- Combined plugin with everything
- “Debug” version with console.warn msgs?
- We can host these on code.jquery.com, perhaps other CDNs
Deprecations – dave created tickets, will finish docs
Animation hooks Tween etc. — gnarf to outline
Other things needing docs?
.css(‘width’) respects box-sizing, .width() doesn’t; dimension setters – mikesherov
- automatic – ‘boxSizing’ will get ‘MozBoxSizing’
- can create cssHooks for vendor-prefixed, which get priority over non-prefixed
Remaining 1.8 items
- Adding new callbacks for animations – http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/11797 – gibson