June 4, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode & Chat on Google Docs
Attending: DaveMethvin, rworth, gibson042, timmywil, jaubourg, rwaldron, mikesherov
Time: Noon ET
Schedule for 1.8 release
- beta before the conf (aim for June 19th)
- move quickIs to sizzle?
- land https://github.com/jquery/jquery/pull/808
- bug triage
- remaining 1.8 items: http://goo.gl/ewuKx
Unit test failures (IE only)
- need an update to QUnit for the fix to raises()
Great progress here, thanks guys!
mikesherov added dependency mgmt
jaubourg working on ajax
Need a simpler tool (not necessarily by release)
- complexity prevents wrong ppl using it
Drupal? this isn’t for their use case (dave imo)
use AMD wrappers? watch out for cross-module variables!
Compat repo for deprecated/removed stuff? – dave
- Separate plugins including compressed versions
- Combined plugin with everything
- “Debug” version with console.warn msgs?
Deprecations – dave created tickets, will finish docs
Animation hooks Tween etc. — gnarf to outline
Other things needing docs?
.css(‘width’) respects box-sizing, .width() doesn’t; dimension setters – mikesherov
- automatic – ‘boxSizing’ will get ‘MozBoxSizing’
- can create cssHooks for vendor-prefixed, which get priority over non-prefixed