- Attending: Todd Parker, John Bender, Ghislain Seguin, Gabriel Schulhof, Jasper de Groot, Anne-Gaelle Colom, Jason D Scott, Maurice Gottlieb
- 1.2 alpha released: http://jquerymobile.com/blog/2012/08/01/announcing-jquery-mobile-1-2-0-alpha/
- Great reaction so far, no major issues reported
- We will continue to make smaller improvements and fixes next week as we wait for people to test
- Try to get to final in 3-4 weeks max
- Upgraded to the 1.9 widget factory
- Many utilities are decoupled from core dependencies. Touch events, orientationchange, and virtual mouse bindings from jQM can be used standalone with the download builder are now 7k min/2.8kb gzip'd.
- Roadmap: next
- Working on a new logo for the project, concepts to be circulated soon
link Ghislain Seguin
- Builder seems to stop working randomly, have to investigate
- Should we re-introduce $.support.touch? issue #4786 - was removed as part of decoupling, will do some analysis and try to bring this back for the next 1.2 release.
- Listview filter improvements - landed post-1.2 alpha
- Add a demo showing how to use these to build an autocomplete?
- One more listview improvement to land: issue #4133
link John Bender
- TestSwarm IE
- Slider Cleanup
- Slider Perf (needs testing)
- 1.3 goals: Performance suite
link Gabriel Schulhof
- https://github.com/jquery/jquery-mobile/issues/4419 - the new widget factory has this._on() which nicely prevents memory leaks caused by stale attached event handlers, however, we should implement _destroy() on our widgets, because handlers attached to elements introduced during widget creation need not be removed if the elements are removed.
- Write tests for the various funky-initial-URL cases - need a way to test when nav jumps to a page that does not have jQM
- Colour picker - I’ve already figured out how to show nice RGB gradients: http://babulina.go-nix.ca/nix/otf-options/rgb.html
- Suspend pagebeforechange using $.Deferred()
link Jasper de Groot
- worked on popup examples; horizontal panel turned out not to be good use case for popup - anyone has a good idea for one more advanced popup example?
- fixed controlgroup issue https://github.com/jquery/jquery-mobile/issues/4716
- for 1.2: will create PR for Opera transitions https://github.com/jquery/jquery-mobile/issues/4521
- for 1.2: listview icon option that allows the icon to be set to none on the UL or LI. johnbender to review. https://github.com/jquery/jquery-mobile/pull/4582
- things I would like to work on
- widget options (all programmatically, all components should have options corners/shadow/inline, use _setOption for mini and inline in toolbars, etc.)
- docs improvements
link Anne-Gaelle Colom
- Not gone on holiday yet after all... so:
- Added inline examples to api docs: slider, switch collapsibles, collapsible set, and select. Also completed some of those with missing info.
- Added inline examples to api docs: select (still have to adjust the iframe sizes for those)
- Corrected boolean options that were using double quotes in the docs.
- helped release 1.2.0-alpha.1 (docs code changes) and minor changes elsewhere...