October 22, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: mikesherov, gibson042, gnarf, saiwong, timmywil (45 min late!)
Time: Noon ET
Commit privs for mikesherov & gibson042!
jQuery 1.8.3 – Wednesday?
- based off pre-Summit commit
- last call for must-have patches
Aftermath of Summit
- Feedback — worked well?
- Good candidates? Possibly engage for 1.9 work?
- Need to sort through and land patches
- http://bugs.jquery.com/ticketgraph?days=150 low low
Common standard for landing patches?
- Check for new author, ask to sign CLA, add to AUTHORS.txt
- rebase (possibly -i) on branch, then merge to master?
- Message: “Fix #12345, short description of the ticket. Close gh-123.”
Promise/J – diff between our implementation and Promise/A
- Make .then() Promise/A compliant but leave the rest as-is?
- Need a thorough article on Promise semantics
New speed tests?
- Blow away the junk currently in /speed, based on Slickspeed (2008)
- New tests based on Timmy’s stuff
jQuery 1.9 changes (start of the 1.9 upgrade guide)
1.9 voting – VOTE – next week we will discuss voted tix
- There are TOO MANY ASSIGNED TICKETS
- Only claim stuff you are going to fix in the next couple of months
- Be realistic so others can try to tackle them, you can mentor if you have specific thoughts about how they need to be done