November 26, 2012
Minutes (Notes) of the meeting of jQuery
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: DaveMethvin, gibson042, timmywil, mikesherov
Time: Noon ET
Mergatron status? Currently in beta test, came up Saturday
- Summon with @jquerybot retest ?
- Whitelist of allowed summoners?
Dave pinged 15 recent new contribs to suck them back in; no bites yet
Availability over the next month?
- Dave out (teaching a class) December 2,3,4 in NYC but otherwise full speed
Early beta of 1.9 on December 9? Need the following by then:
- All major feature removals and behavior changes landed
- jquery-compat plugin supporting removed features and behaviors
- Upgrade guide describing major changes (Dave)
Split for 2.0 (meaning 1.9-stable branch and 2.0 is master) on Dec 16? Later?
- Earlier split means we can start 2.0 sooner
- Also means we’ll need to cherry-pick and potentialy nasty merges though
- Wait until post-split to land oldIE bug fix tickets
- We should aim to keep unit tests basically unchanged (leave oldIE tests)
Documentation – Upgrade guide
- Dave to reformat into Markdown
- Will have to be built manually based on tickets that land
- Please add notes for new stuff as you remember it, I can clean up
Assigned tickets review for 1.9; need volunteers for open tix