December 6, 2012
Location: #jquery-meeting on Freenode
Attending: Scott, Corey, Jörn
Time: Noon ET
- Working fine for us, not so great when tests are loaded async, e.g. with requirejs: https://github.com/jquery/qunit/issues/358 – have QUnit.start() wait for QUnit.load (if there’s a dom), if there’s none, init immediately. Wrap the DOM access in QUnit.init() to make that also work without DOM.
- Deprecate/remove QUnit.reset? https://github.com/jquery/qunit/issues/354 – yes
- Deprecated/remove expect argument from test() and asyncTest()? https://github.com/jquery/qunit/issues/356 – yep
- Find a better diff implementation? https://github.com/jquery/qunit/issues/335 and https://github.com/jquery/qunit/issues/348 – will try jsdiff, along with a leaf-differ (#363 and #364)
- A bunch of PRs from JamesMGreen, needs review.
- Added diff label and two more tickets to try jsdiff and implement a leaf-differ: https://github.com/jquery/qunit/issues?labels=diff&page=1&state=open
- Lots of trouble with BrowserStack lately. Apparently their broken VMs only get fixed when we report the issue. Corey got IE7 and Safari 6 VMs fixed
- A few jobs, especially in IE8 fail to submit results with “”Error connecting to server”
- TestSwarm rewrite well on the way. Is now using ua-parser, much less maintenance in TestSwarm itself and testswarm-browserstack.
- Rewrite finished. Much less maintenance required here as well. More advanced and machine-readable log output (Splunk!) and smarter worker spawn management, and more (see commit log for more details).
Experimenting for jquery core
- To be moved to a separate testswarm account
- Refactor grunt-testswarm to not need changes for mergeatron/PR.
Jenkins builds are put in directory /build/<project>/PR-<#>. This is a problem as those are non-unique (more than 1 commit per PR). Should use the commit hash like we do for other builds. Though builds are synchronous, a run can be reset later in time. If the directory has changed, the re-run will be incorrect.
- Also, job name: “pull #123” -> “pull #123 – commit #af04”.