Attending: DaveMethvin, rwaldron, m_gol, gibson042
link Wrap up on browser support in 1.12/2.2
- Dave has draft blog post
- Stop accepting new bug reports on these, close wontfix
- Only fix severe regressions but leave patches in for 1.12 & 2.2
- Sync with UI to remove IE 7 etc support there too
- Still needs edits to clarify, want to prevent wails of protest
- Changes won't come until 1.13, months away
- We'll pull IE6/7, Safari 5.1, Opera 12.1x all at once in 1.13
- per markelog, what about IE7 CV mode in IE8?
link $.fn.data API
- Let's make a call on this, need to make 1.x and 2.x compat
- What is the easiest & least disruptive behavior change?
- I'm leaning towards 1.x behavior with minor changes
- Conclusion: "Embrace HTML5" with one exception: Don't camelize objects that are extended into the data object
- TODO: clean up docs for .data() to make things clearer
- Did timmywil's latest updates take care of this?
- e.g. http://bugs.jquery.com/ticket/14837 (need more info?)
link support.boxSizing - why is the test so complicated & requires a body?
- check old Androids
- ask mikesherov
link 1.11.1 and 2.1.1
- Land fixes soon so we can move on to 1.12 and 2.2 in master
- Can always branch later if we need 1.11.2 etc