Attending: DaveMethvin, m_gol, gibson042, markelog, timmywil
link 1.11.2/2.1.2 release
- All patches landed? They should all be here:
- Trac tickets listed under a single GH issue
- https://github.com/jquery/jquery/pull/1662 was master only
- Sizzle has been updated in master, compat, 2.1-stable, and 1.11-stable
- Add Ajax URL sanitization?
- No, let's leave until 3.0, there are compat risks
- Release ASAP
- Need blog post draft
- Has jquery-release been updated to not copy -latest? I think so
- (in general, any changes to jquery-release needed?)
link 3.0 release - target mid-January
- Major blockers or unassigned tickets?
- Should we switch to ES6 module format for authoring?
- Can still generate both the monolithic file and AMD from that
- Move AMD modules to dist/AMD
- Breaks the build process, can’t use r.js or var modules
- Can’t load modules when testing
- Decided to not change authoring for 3.0 … wait for 4.0, better tooling and/or browser support before using ES6 for authoring
- QUnit ticket: https://github.com/jquery/qunit/issues/707
link Issues vs Pull Requests
- Let's use issues (only) for changelog
- PRs should have one or more issues, unless they're housekeeping (e.g. typos and such) in which case we don't need an issue
- Need a commit message format change here?
- gibson042 has Component name enforcement
- Support for jquery-release to build changelog
link Issues and PRs
- Promises/A+ compat
- gibson042 to work on a PR
- maximum backcompat, allow setting context, multiple resolved values, etc. (Promise/A compat for code that draws inside the standard lines)
- Use a plugin to handle the error cases?
- Might be able to use try/finally now that IE7 has been dropped
- Plain Objects
- Do we support animation on Object
- Are the docs/units correct and complete compared to code?
- Should we hide the expando on plain objects? Let's try exposing it and see if anyone depends on it
- Should we add .animate() and .queue() to the list of things supported for plain objects?
- .queue - yes, support on plain objects, little impact
- .animate() - let's look at velocity.js, although it may be as simple as guarding stuff with .nodeType checks