Chassis Team Meeting – Mar 15 2016

  • JSASS
    • Released stable version with new API Doc's and tests
    • Created grunt JSASS released
    • Working on PR for chassis but running into issues with Node sass
    • For future notice, if you have a variable file it depends on another variable file, you must put the dependency at the top of your file to get the order right
    • Future naming conventions for variables, have file names reflect the variable prefix (btn.js for variables starting with $btn- for example), also simplify prefixes
    • Don’t have variables that are just ‘default’ but say what they’re to “$color-default” for example
    • Update jsass to accept JS variable references to other variables, and output the SCSS variable

Chassis Team Meeting – Mar 08 2016

Attending: sfrisk, kristyjy, geekman-rohit, thej, sagarhani

Agenda:

  • JSASS
    • Work almost done, arschmitz is updating jsass and grunt plugin for jsass, just needs to published/tested
    • asrchmitz is also writing up docs to help with use
  • Buttons
    • ‘not-allowed’ variable added and tweaks to default
    • sfrisk to pull in
  • Typography Variables
    • Pulled In!
  • Testing: Added Pure for sass unit testing #35
    • thej to look into the current lib for pure and pending prs to see what uses we can find for Pure
    • thej to write more example tests
  • Typography: Added basic styles for paragraphs and lists
    • Recently update, please review
  • Accessibility testing
    • arschmitz to pull in

To Do For Next Week kristyjy: tables sfrisk: pull in buttons pr, finish up inputs geekman-rohit: meter arschmitz: jsass work, pull in accessibility thej: look into Pure, come up with some more test examples everyone: review basic styles for paragraph and lists

Chassis Team Meeting – Mar 01 2016

  • jQuery Foundation has been accepted into Google Summer of Code! Yay!
  • Typography
    • Need to add basic styling for p, ol, li, ul tags. PR for this to be submitted later this week based of the typography pr currently being worked on by geekman-rohit
  • Outline should be styled so they're consistent for all browsers
  • JSASS Style Guide
    • General rule moving forward - double quotes and hyphens for variable names so it is similar to how we name things in scss.
    • Need to update JSASS variable tooling, right now files are compiled alphabetically, which was a problem for buttons since it was being compiled before colors or typography
  • Variables: Initial pass on button variables
    • Center buttons vertically in Firefox.
    • Make the default button state change more obvious
    • Once this is done, commit
  • Typography: Add Variables One small commit needed from geekman-rohit to follow the JSASS style guide, then good to pull in.
  • Table Styling
    • kristyjy to start work on that this week
  • HTML 4 Inputs
    • sfrisk has started working on this. To be submitted for PR later this week

Chassis Team Meeting – Feb 23 2016

  • Phase One
    • Milestone tags have been placed on all phase one issues. For contributors looking for something to work on, those are top priority.
  • Typography: Add Variables
    • Review updated changes. geekman-rohit has some variable additions to add in, then it's good for pulling in.
  • Variables: Initial pass on button variables
    • Please review for any additional changes besides avoiding overwriting of some styles and dependence on cascading for button bars.
  • HTML 4 Inputs
    • sfrisk has started working on this.

Chassis Team Meeting – Feb 09 2016

Chassis Team Meeting – Jan 19 2016

  • Typography: Add Variables #139
    • Initial pass committed, open for discussion. Decided to put anything that might be opinionated design wise into a variable, similar to what has been done so far on the buttons PR
  • Buttons PR is now up on views.css-chassis.com
  • sfrisk to do a palette commit to nail down basic colors and their active/hover/focus/disabled colors, since trying to adjust colors programmatically didn't look very good.
  • kristjy to move current draft of the scss style to a google doc so the team can contribute, with the goal of having a finalized version of that up for next meeting

Chassis Team Meeting – Jan 12 2016

  • Build: Upgrade JSCS
    • Pull in as is
  • Build: add accessibility testing
    • Merge Conflict with master, need to test with current master status
    • sfrisk is working on merging this in with current master
  • Discussed that a designer may be useful in helping come up with an overall design guide.
  • Style Guide: Initial commit of SCSS style guide
    • come up a list of the CSS items we want to add to the CSS style guide

Chassis Team Meeting – Jan 05 2016

Attending: sfrisk, arschmitz

Winter Wrap Up: The Pull Request Edition Part 2

  • Variables: Initial pass on button variables
    • basic pass on buttons with placeholder colors, covers sizes and colors
    • merge into a branch to show on views.css-chassis.com for next week
  • Build: Upgrade JSCS
    • need to add Indentation validation
  • [WIP] Add jsass variables to typography
    • It's been almost 2 months since an update, still unfinished. Close this and let someone else work on it.
  • [WIP] table styling
    • It's been almost 2 months since an update, still unfinished. Close this and let someone else work on it.
  • Progress and Meter styling
    • geekman-rohit currently working on this
  • Build: add accessibility testing
    • Merge Conflict with master, need to test with current master status
    • sfrisk is working on merging this in with current master