Project Leads Meeting – Mar 18 2015

Attending: Scott, Jörn, Alex, Timmy, Rafael, Richard, Dave

link Core

  • Team has been busy recently, should pick up soon
  • Will have Sizzle release this week
  • Dave putting together beta blog post
  • Dave made good progress on jquery migrate issues

link UI

  • Landed classes option
  • Still having serious spam issues with Trac, going to contact Trac team itself and WordPress team (they have a good setup)
  • Lots of style fixes from esformatter
  • Updated to latest jscs, splitting targets to increase coverage
  • Update to latest grunt-html, increasing coverage on html files as well

link Mobile

  • Working on esformatter updates
    • jscs next
    • grunt-html
    • csslint
    • csscomb is on chassis will look into
  • Updated to QUnit 1.17
  • updating UMD wrapper to match ui
    • easier to integrate with new download builder
  • Looking at switching to intern for testing
  • Still working on classes option in mobile widgets

link Chassis

  • Lots of PRs landing
  • Performance testing landed
  • Potential GSoC students helping out with adding more frameworks for performance testing
  • Initial file structure landed
  • Potential collaboration with Dojo 2
  • Travis CI testing
  • Roadmap for Chassis
  • Development on Typography has started, Form Elements / Form Validation to be started soon

link QUnit

  • Landed smaller improvements to HTML reporter
  • Improving diff module, first by adopting google diff-patch-match
  • Splitting core module, in preparation for moving to ES6 modules
  • Improving propEqual()
  • ...and more!

link PEP

link Globalize

  • PRs from GSoC students, both docs improvements and smaller enhancements
  • Working on validatePostCode feature
  • Working on relative time feature
  • Waiting for some quotes for 1.0 blog post (Twitter, Adobe)

link Other

Project Leads Meeting – Mar 04 2015

Attending: Scott, Kris, Alex, Sarah, Rafael

link Core

  • No report

link UI

  • Hoping to land classes option by end of week
  • Landed CSS dependencies
    • Same as what jQuery Mobile does

link Mobile

  • Working on PRs for classes updates
  • Switching from the current demo system spider to Alex’s new spider
  • Updating all icons to be inline instead of absolute positioning

link Chassis

link QUnit

  • No report

link PEP

  • Working on release script

link Globalize

link Other

*CLA checker

  • Getting lots of errors due to unforeseen timing issues (I think they’re actually new)
  • Alex to get spider on all sites, expected to be done by next week

Project Leads Meeting – Feb 18 2015

Attending: Scott, Rafael, Alex, Kris

link Core

  • No update

link UI

link Mobile

  • Starting to Implement classes in mobile again with new api
  • Working on getting tests passing with new Auto-init module
  • Integrating qunit-assert-classes for element class tests same as ui.

link Chassis

link QUnit

  • No update

link PEP

link Globalize

  • Planning to release 1.0.0 very soon
    • Rafael to draft blog post and Kris to review
  • Not going to include currency parsing, will add later
  • Rafael and Jörn had a meeting with Twitter
    • They’re interested in using Globalize in place of twitter-cldr
    • Twitter will file issues for missing features that they need
  • Rick Waldron is the editor for ECMA-402 now
  • Rafael is a member of ECMA-402 committee

link Other

  • CLA Checker
    • Added debug logging
    • Sets status URL (pointing to contribute.jquery.org)
    • Added description to commit status
    • Fixed race condition with cloning and fetching
    • Next up: Fixed PR audits where the PR branch doesn’t contain the base commit

Project Leads Meeting – Feb 04 2015

Attending: Scott, Rafael, Alex, Timmy, Sarah, Mike, Kris

link Core

link UI

  • Fixed last 1.11.x regression.
  • Datepicker
    • Rebased branch
    • Accessibility review by Jon Gunderson
  • Making good progress on download builder support for CSS dependencies
    • Another step closer to supporting jQuery Mobile

link Mobile

  • Pulled in latest updates from UI for button and classes
  • Changing auto-initialization to require opt-in
  • Determining future of gestures
    • Would prefer to use an external library
  • Fixing lots of old bugs

link Chassis

  • SASS file layout is ready to land
  • Initial SVG implementation getting ready to land
  • Talking about Chassis at JS Summit next week
  • Initial performance testing
    • Comparing button performance across existing frameworks
  • Initial sketch of logo looks good
  • Looking into visual regression testing
    • Possibly using Gemini

link QUnit

  • No report

link PEP

link Globalize

  • Bug fix: 376 (Avoid inaccurate floating point arithmetics using Mozilla's approach).
  • Adobe said they have plans to start using Globalize 1.x on some of their products.
    • Will be used on Behance (the site Mike works on).
    • All Adobe web sites will eventually be using it.

link Other

  • CLA Checker
    • We apply labels to the PRs now. (“CLA: Valid” and “CLA: Error”)
    • Working on page to show results.
      • Will be on contribute.jquery.org with information about why the check failed (if it failed) and instructions on what to do.
    • Hopefully can get the automated checks running on at least one repo by the end of the week.

Project Leads Meeting – Jan 21 2015

Attending: Dave, Scott, Alex, Rafael, Jörn, Kris

link Core

  • Stalled on 3.0, need to get major features like Deferred rewrite landed. Were waiting on jaubourg review but have decided to continue regardless. Data interface changes are also big and need to land.

link UI

  • Datepicker/calendar split landed in datepicker branch
  • Scheduling RTL call for first week of February
  • Making good progress on classes option

link Mobile

  • Still working on 1.5
  • RTL has been a current issue here too
  • Lots of talk about new navigation api
    • multiple containers

link Chassis

link QUnit

  • Released 1.17.0 on Monday. Quick adoption, first regression report on the same day. Released 1.17.1 fix a fix on Tuesday.
  • Leo started experimenting with ES6 modules, to manage source internally, while exporting the same file. Looking for es6-to-UMD/globals transpiler, existing tools all output “CommonJS” modules (require calls).

link browserstack-runner

  • Travis integration works, still fixing worker failures. Working with Prashanth from BrowserStack to debug slow Safari 7.0 worker

link Pointer Events

  • Jacques working on porting tests to Intern
    • Getting help from Colin
  • Switching to AMD wrappers for source files
  • Should be starting weekly meetings next week

link Globalize

  • Brought Bundle Lookup Matching + Inheritance problems to CLDR (their mailing list and in their weekly meeting). A summary of what happened and what decision has been taken is in here. (related issues: #357, cldrjs#17)
  • CLDR has a JSON Packaging proposal. Need to update cldr-data (+ npm and bower modules) accordingly when it's defined.

link CLA checker

  • Scott will be working on getting the full automation set up as soon as PEP AMD change is handled.

Project Leads Meeting – Jan 07 2015

Attending: Dave, Scott, Sarah, Alex, Rafael, Kris, Jörn

link Core

  • Working on 3.0, hope for beta next week

link UI

  • Going to schedule a call about RTL support
    • Looking for help from Hans, Deque, IBM, and others
  • Almost ready to land datepicker/calendar split (in datepicker branch)
  • Getting close to having the classes option finished
  • Also getting close to finishing button rewrite
  • Updating the base theme to be more modern, but not making major changes to ThemeRoller. Keeping Smoothness and UI Lightness in the gallery, while the new theme will be available as “Base” and it will be the default everywhere.

link Mobile

  • overall quiet due to holidays
  • new autoinit module prototype
  • Landed lots of PR’s
  • Pulling in latest round of Classes and button updates
    • Needed for continued progress on 1.5
  • General barking

link Chassis

  • Most PRs that have been submitted thus far have been for administrative tasks, but working up to the point where actual code can be submitted!
  • Decided to go with a BEM naming convention
  • Looking into setting up our own performance testing
  • isaacdurazo is going to create a logo
  • we have someone working on an initial PR on how to get the SVG icon placeholder potentially working
  • atomic structure for organizing code
  • working on coming up with code style guides for sass as well as more in-depth html style guide.
  • Looking into how we want to do documentation (generated vs non generated)
  • People are showing up to meetings and talking!!!! :-D

link QUnit

  • Moved qunit-composite and qunit-reporter-qunit off the organization to James’ repo
  • Fixing 1.16 regressions. Since a new feature also landed in master, those will go into 1.17.
  • Got browserstack-runner Travis integration working, waiting for them to fix some issues causing workers to timeout. Once this lands, will also land it for Globalize, then look into UI and talk to Oleg about Sizzle (replace Karma?)

link Pointer Events

  • Scheduling a call to discuss next steps for PEP, now that its on the jQuery organization

link Globalize

  • MessageFormat is supported \o/! Thanks to Alex Sexton and Scott to get the licensing approved and landed and Eemeli to make the necessary changes to SlexAxton/messageformat.js.
  • Unit and functional tests automated to run on all supported browsers. Implemented browserstack-runner, including running PRs on Travis, same blocker as for QUnit

link CLA checker

Project Leads Meeting – Dec 10 2014

Attending: Dave, Scott, Sarah, Alex, Rafael

link Core

  • Patch release of 1.11.2/2.1.2 coming next week with blog post
    • Primary thing is a patch to a Safari selector bug
    • A few very minor bug fixes otherwise
  • Meantime, 3.0 changes being landed in master
    • Another Safari bug bit us there with createHTMLDocument
  • Already updated to QUnit 1.16
  • Targeting release in mid-January with beta beforehand

link UI

  • Dropping support for jQuery 1.6
  • Effects rewrite ready to land

link Mobile

  • Focusing on work not involving ui classes
    • mostly patches and minor stuff

link Globalize

  • Currency formatting implemented \o/.
  • Going to implement currency parser (to allow spinner demos to use new Globalize).
  • Adobe is evaluating Globalize to be used in their client-side applications.
  • Waiting for license approval to use slexaxton/messageformat.js.

link Chassis

  • Name is "Chassis"
  • Using SVG for sure
  • Normalized CSS with some adjustments for box sizing
  • Supporting IE8+
  • Talking with Yandex team

link QUnit

  • QUnit 1.16 came out, YAY

link Testing

  • Recurring problems with Browserstack and outdated Java on IE, m_gol has contacted them several times

link Infrastructure

  • AdamU is working on log rotation as a temporary solution to the full drive issues, root cause is DDoS traffic and long term solution is to get behind firewall
  • All sites updated to Grunt 0.4

Project Leads Meeting – Nov 26 2014

Attending: Dave, Jörn, Alex, Scott, Kris, Rafael, Sarah

link Core

  • Working towards 3.0
  • Need some new blog posts about changes coming

link UI

  • Working toward 1.12.0
  • Effects rewrite almost done
  • Testing new approach for classes
  • Converting tests to AMD

link Mobile

  • 1.5 work continues
  • Working on multiple pageContainers

link Modules

  • Abandon all hope, write to ES3 and <script>. Go play drums for a year or two.
  • Core is considering separate repos for distribution, rather than polluting our development repos with all the build artifacts and (potentially) dependencies

link Globalize

link Chassis

  • First 2 meetings have occurred, working on getting more involvement.
  • Selected Project Name: Chassis
  • Have decided that we're definitely using SVG
  • Working on organizing the call for BEM with the Yandex Team
  • Decided on using normalize.css, and we'll add some box-sizing adjustments
  • We'll be supporting IE8+ to align with current market shares for 1.0

link QUnit

  • Working towards 1.16
  • Fixing regressions, hopefully done this week, everything else is ready

link Testing

  • BrowserStack back up, Michal has been bugging them, issues are getting addressed

link Infrastructure

  • No update

Project Leads Meeting – Nov 12 2014

Attending: Dave, Jörn, Alex, Scott, Kris, Rafael, Sarah

link Core

  • Working towards 3.0
  • Need roadmap … it will be simple
  • Need some new blog posts about changes coming

link UI

  • Working toward 1.12.0

link Mobile

  • 1.5 work continues

link Modules

link Globalize

  • New members on javascript-[email protected]: Cameron from Twitter (maintainer of twitter-cldr), Edwin (globalization architect) from LG, Bruno and Daniel (globalization managers) from Microsoft, Eirik (globalization director) from Oracle, Xiang (senior developer) from Paypal.
  • JavaScript Globalization overview page had additions from Yahoo (format.js), Google (Closure i18n), Wikipedia (jquery.i18n) and LG (iLib).
  • ICU Message Format Support waiting approval to use slexaxton/messageformat.js license.

link CSS Framework

  • Should we support IE8? How about Android 2.x?
  • General feeling: No IE8 support

link QUnit

link Testing

  • BrowserStack had unrelated “hacking” issues (very thorough post mortem!), hopefully will have time to address Travis integration issue soon

link Infrastructure

  • jsbin - talking with Remy about using it for demos and default template
  • Alex to intro Kris and Remy, we'll get 10 accounts w templates ($1000)

link 2015

  • Kris to create a summary of roadmaps to share with the board, Core roadmap still missing. Also budget requests from dev rel and infrastructure.

Project Leads Meeting – Oct 29 2014

Attending: Dave, Jörn, Alex, Adam, Scott, Kris, Rafael

link Core

  • Publishing the jQuery 3.0 blog post today
  • Starting to knock down the issue/PR backlog

link UI

  • Nothing interesting

link Mobile

  • Releasing 1.4.5 tomorrow
  • 1.5 work continues
    • continuing update loop with ui
    • Front-end dependency management
  • What would we want npm to support to make publishing UI on npm useful?
    • To release on npm, would need dozens of different packages, one for each widget, each with its own dependency tree
    • Difficult to find/build the actual files, which are inside node_modules
  • Possible solution: If requireJS could find modules loaded by npm inside the node_modules directory, that would fix this?
  • Talk to James Burke about how to deal with this? -- dave

link Globalize

link CSS Framework

  • There was a meeting yesterday. Minutes will be sent out later by Scott
  • Open up our css-framework repo, after some cleanup, to collaborate with the group there.
    • Alex to ask Sarah to update the readme

link QUnit

  • No update, Leo and James currently unavailable. Jörn will look into remaining 1.16 issues.

link Testing

  • Some improvements for browserstack-runner landed, still trying to get it working in Travis builds and with requirejs

link Infrastructure

  • jsbin - talking with Remy about using it for demos and default template

link 2015

  • High level roadmaps with goals for 2015 for your project
  • Budget requests to achieve those goals
    • including contracts, additional resources